Please see a link HERE to download the NOTICE OF THE GENERAL MEETING to be held at the Club at Ridgway Place on Wednesday 12 May 2021 at 6pm.
There is a link HERE to download the Proxy Form. If you are unable to attend the meeting you are encouraged to submit a proxy.
Please book online to attend the meeting.
There is a link HERE to download a copy of the proposed amended Constitution incorporating all amendments referred to in the Resolutions
Message from the President, Mrs Yvonne Panagacos
I am writing to you about the Board’s proposed changes to the Club’s Constitution and to draw your attention to the information pack that has been prepared to assist members gain a detailed understanding of the matter.
The proposed changes, which are foreshadowed in the Club’s current strategic plan, shall be put to members for their consideration and approval at a general meeting on Wednesday 12 May 2021.
The proposed changes concern two Constitutional matters:
– The process for determining the Club’s annual subscription (Clause 35 of the Constitution)
– The current requirement that two Board members (other than Office Bearers) retire at the annual general meeting each year (Clause 70 of the Constitution).
Prior to reading this information pack, I encourage members to view the short video message I have prepared, which outlines the proposed changes and the main reasons for them.
You can access the video via this link: HERE.
Please note: You are required to enter the following passcode: ab8G+k?q
This should have (8) eight stars ********, please copy and paste the below in it’s entirety. (It reads from left “a” to right “q”.)
The information pack below contains the following:
– The proposed text of the relevant clauses in the Constitution.
– A table showing a ‘tracked’ version of the current text of these clauses. This enables members to view the proposed changes within the body of the current text. In a separate column there is also a commentary on the effect of these change.
– A Question & Answer section. This provides background to the Board’s decision to propose these changes to the Constitution, as well as answers to some of the immediate questions that members may have.
You can access the Information when you Click this Link.
Should there be sufficient demand, we shall hold members’ information sessions via Zoom. We shall also update the Question & Answer document, as required.The proposed changes, which are foreshadowed in the Club’s current strategic plan, shall be put to members for their consideration and approval at a general meeting on 12 May 2021.
If you have any queries regarding the proposed amendments, or the materials in the information pack, please send them to the Club President via the special email email@example.com by 5:00pm on Friday 7 May.
Between now and 12 May, please view the video message, read the materials and consider the proposed changes to the Constitution. The proposals are sensible, practical and critical for the continuing good governance and the future prosperity of our much-loved Lyceum Club.